The Sales Associate has the primary responsibility to maximize sales volume by growing existing business, developing new business and providing the best possible customer service while enhancing Baker Interiors Group’s mission to offer the highest quality and service standards in the industry.
- Assist all customers professionally as called in rotation.
- Create, maintain, and follow up quotations for customers who come into the Showroom or who call for information.
- Provide customers with product information.
- Follow up with a thank you note or phone call to all new customers who come in to the Showroom.
- Consistently practice proper telephone etiquette; return phone calls within 24 hours
- Enter all orders into the system within 24 hours of receipt of the deposit or the purchase order. Include all necessary information on the purchase order (i.e. customer information, delivery information, product options, pricing, etc.)
- Provide an adequate explanation to the customer for all denials of special requests on product and/or delivery dates.
- Review the purchase order once it is generated and confirm its receipt by the factory.
- Check factory acknowledgments and verify that the product has been ordered correctly.
- Track receipt by factory of COM (customer’s own material) fabric, finish samples or any other materials required for completion of order.
- Review the Open Order Report and address any problems.
- Send thank you cards to customers after placing an order.
- Handle all customer complaints. If unable to resolve, turn issue over to the Customer Service Associate for resolution.
- Monitor progress of customer complaint resolutions and communicate updates to customers; offer additional assistance to Customer Service when appropriate.
- Provide personal accounts with information regarding current and upcoming Showroom events and sales.
- Provide customers with materials and catalogues for their libraries.
- Participate in design oriented events to ensure visibility and contact with current and potential customers.
- Maintain updated customer information including contact data, special interests, etc.
- Identify and implement ways to prospect new customers and increase conversion of turns to personal accounts.
- Assist in the display maintenance of the showroom to ensure optimum showroom appearance.
- Assist other Sales Associates as necessary or as directed by the Showroom Manager.
- Assist in the maintenance of samples, tear sheets and resource files.
- Assist in product training and mentoring of new Sales Associates.
- Ensure catalogs and price lists are up to date.
- Maintain knowledge of all vendor products, pricing, options, finishes, details, etc.
- Maintain thorough, up-to-date knowledge of all products, pricing and local competition.
Experience & Education:
Candidate will possess previous high-end sales/customer experience, preferably in the furniture/design industry. Basic knowledge of the history of furniture design (periods, styles, designers, etc.) is preferred. Standing is required.